By Ari Katsoulas, Barrister
- Stollery v Stollery  NSWSC 54 (Stevenson J) – claim under the Succession Act 2006 (NSW) for provision by an adult son – estranged son – summons dismissed
- Henry v Hancock  NSWSC 71 (Brereton J) – claim for provision by an adult daughter under the Family Provision Act 1982 (NSW) – out of time – notional estate – summons dismissed.
- Walker v Walker; the Estate of Ngaere Joy Walker, late of Mortdale  NSWSC 92(Slattery J) application for removal of one excutor by the other
- Manning v Matsen (No. 2)  NSWSC 70 (Slattery J) – Costs
- Judith Evelyn Hockey v Richard Matthew Hockey and Lorraine Frances Hockey as executors and trustees of the Estate of Lloyd Roland Hockey  NSWSC 426(Brereton J) – Family Provision – Approval of Compromise
- Estate of May Berry, deceased  NSWSC 130 (Lindsay J) – successful application by adult daughters.
- The Estate of the Late Akos Balazs Melegh  NSWSC 249 (Slattery J)
- Paradisis v Kekatos as executor of the estate of the Late John Paradisis  NSWSC 220 – Family Provision by Widow – Inadequate Provision (life estate in matrimonial home) – order for provision.
- Sellak v Sellak, estate of late Corrado Simon Sellak; Sellak v Sellak  NSWSC 213– (Slattery J) – Family Provision Claim under the Succession Act 2006 (NSW).
- Campton v Hedges  NSWSC 201 (Hallen J) – Informal Testamentary Document
- Life v Hall  NSWSC 316 (Hallen J) – Out of time application by adult son for provision.
- Edmonds v Morrissey  NSWSC 342 (Darke J) – construction of a will – issue
- Yee v Yee & Anor  NSWSC 360 (Slattery J) – family provision application by nephew fo the deceased – factors warranting – dismissed with costs.
- Estate Cockell; Cole v Paisley  NSWSC 349 (Lindsay J) – Contested grant – Testamantary Capacity – Soundness of mind, memory and understanding – will valid.
- Sadiq v NSW Trustee and Guardian  NSWCA 62 (McColl JA at ; Leeming JA at ; Sackville AJA at ) – intestacy – claim that plaintiff was de facto partner of deceased for many years – claim not accepted by primary judge – conflict between evidence of plaintiff and evidence of neighbours and social workers – paucity of documentary evidence – inconsistencies in plaintiff’s case – no appellable error shown – appeal dismissed
- Steiner v Strang  NSWSC 395 (Slattery J) – action by residuary beneficiary on behalf of estate for the recovery of monies claimed to be owed to an estate – executors unwilling to bring action – deceased worked in a bridal couturier business for approximately 25 years before her death.
- Estate Pascale  NSWSC 443 (Lindsay J) – Claims by former partner and adult children – Competing claims of widow and minor child – Orders made capping costs payable out of estate
- Application of Harnett and Cutts  NSWSC 427 (Pembroke J) – next of kin inquiry
- Steiner v Strang (No 2)  NSWSC 394 (Lindsay J) – Application for summary relief – Pleading alleged to be defective – Strike out application dismissed
- Penfold v Predny  NSWSC 472 (Hallen J) – Application for Provision by adult Child – Summons Dismissed.
- Estate Raineri  NSWSC 489 (Lindsay J) – Family Provision – Requirement for adequate and proper maintenance – Whether applicant left with insufficient provision – Claims by adult children – Court not satisfied applicants left without adequate provision – Applications for family provision relief dismissed
- Bechara v Bechara  NSWSC 513 (Hallen J) – informal testamentary document – revocation.
- Christina Elizabeth Hay v Sarah Renwick  NSWSC 1048 (Brereton J) – family provision case by de facto partner – legacy of $1.5million from estate.
- Morier v Liem  NSWSC 582 (Hallen J) – family provision claim by adult child – small estate – self-represented defendant.
- Estate of Raul Novosadek  NSWSC 554 (Young AJ)
- Diane Allen v Attorney General of NSW  NSWSC 579 (Young AJ) – will construction case.
- Estate Webster  NSWSC 580 (Lindsay J)
- The Estate of the Late Akos Balazs Melegh (No. 2)  NSWSC 584 (Slattery J)
- Stone v Stone  NSWSC 605 (Brereton J) – Family Provision application by adult daughter of second marriage – extension of time.
- Elizabeth Ann Bremner v Jennifer Lee Graham  NSWSC 633 (Hallen J) – Family Provision application – mother of the deceased – factors warranting – order for provision made.
- Gray v Mather  NSWSC 699 (Hallen J)
- Estate Sullivan  NSWSC 524 (Lindsay J)
- Estate Sue  NSWSC 721 (Lindsay J)
- Sellak v Sellak, estate of the late Corrado Simon Sellak; Sellak v Sellak (No. 2)  NSWSC 396 (Slattery J)
- Hinderry v Hinderry  NSWSC 780 (Hallen J)
- Meissner v Lindsay  NSWSC 790 (Robb J)
- Revell v Revell  NSWSC 947 (Pembroke J)
- Maria Saravinovksa v Krste (Chris) Saravinovski; Chris Saravinovski v George Saravinovski (No 6)  NSWSC 964
- Stojanovski v Stojovski  NSWSC 976
- Woodleigh v Williams  NSWSC 979 (Kunc J) –
- Estate Polykarpou; Re a charity  NSWSC 409 (Lindsay J) – Charitable Gifts – Construciton.
- Moxey v Bass  NSWSC 1022 (Hallen J) – Family Provision claim by Child of the deceased.
- James v Douglas  NSWCA 178 (Court of Appeal) –
- Smith v Smith  NSWSC 1077 (Hallen J)- order for provision made for two adult children applicants
- Colegrove v Dullaghan  NSWSC 1105 (Robb J) – Letters of Administration – Informal Document
- Bindoff v The Trust Company (Australia) Ltd; Estate of the late Everitt Joseph Griffiths  NSWSC 1100 (Slattery J) – Family Provision Claim by adult daughter
- Dark v Dark  NSWSC 1223 (White J) – Family Provision
- Chan v Chan  NSWCA 222 (Court of Appeal)- Family Provision Claim by Adult Son
- Estate El Chami; Habib v El Chami  NSWSC 1208 (Lindsay J) – Testamentary Capacity – Family Provision
- Anderson v Anderson  NSWSC 1204 (Hallen J)
- Page v Page  NSWSC 1218 (Hallen J)- application for provision by brother of the deceased
- Damevski v Hope  NSWSC 1231 (Pembroke J) –
- The Estate of Hertslet; Richard John William d’Apice Administrator of the late John Leo Hertslet  NSWSC 1240 (Slattery J) – Judicial Advice
- Colegrove v Dullaghan (No 2)  NSWSC 1236 (Robb J) – Costs
- Barakett v Barakett  NSWSC 1257 (White J) – Probate
- Monaghan v Monaghan; Monaghan v Monaghan  NSWSC 1316 (Slattery J)
- Berry v Nicholls  NSWCA 272 (Court of Appeal) – Application for leave to appeal – no error
- Carr v Douglass (No. 2)  NSWSC 1367 (Slattery J)
- Page v Page [No 2]  NSWSC 1323 (Hallen J) – Costs of Family Provision Claim
- Kohari v NSW Trustee & Guardian  NSWSC 1372 (Hallen J) – Costs of Family Provision Claim – withdrawn/dismissed/discontinued
- Sitki v Sitki; Sitki v Aksoy  NSWSC 1396 (Stevenson J) – Family Provision Claim by Widow
- Gifford v Nicholl  NSWSC 1460 (White J)
- Re Kilby & Ors  NSWSC 1433 (Slattery J)
- Application by NSW Trustee and Guardian (Estate of the late Frederick John Vermaak) NSWSC 1436 (Slattery J)
- Patterson v Scott  NSWSC 1477 (Hallen J)- discontinuance of proceedings and costs
- Saba v Saba  NSWSC 1576 (Stevenson J) – Family provision application by adult daughter – further provision by way of $150,000
- Hinderry v Hinderry (No 2)  NSWSC 1577 (Hallen J) – Costs in Family provision application
- The Estate of Juliana Voros; Cooney & Ors v Cherry  NSWSC 1603 (Hallen J) – revocation of grant of probate
- Application by Craig-Bridges; The Estate of Ella Minnie Lillian Bush; The Estate of Ella Minnie Lillian Bush v NSW Trustee & Guardian  NSWSC 1611 (Stevenson J) – Testamentary Capacity; Family provision application by adult daughter – successful
- Austin v NSW Trustee and Guardian  NSWSC 1675 (Hallen J) – Family Provision application by grandchild of deceased – unsuccessful; Real Property claim by executor for possession
- Re Filomena Rodi, deceased  NSWSC 1696 (Lindsay J) – family provision application by adult daughter – dismissed; application by adult grandson – legacy of $200,000.00
- Estate of Grahame David Wright  NSWSC 1779 (Kunc J) – Construction Case
- Petkovic v Koutalianos  NSWSC 1817 (Hallen J) – Family provision application by adult daughter – unsuccessful.
- Thompson v Sgro  NSWSC 1869 (Hallen J) – family provision application by adult daughter – successful – lump sum by reference to net proceeds of property sale
- Clark v Ro  NSWSC 1877 (Hallen J) – family provision application by adult daughter – lump sum legacy of $130,000